Global Concert Hall
You need a free IDAGIO account to join the event.
12th International String Quartet Competition PREMIO PAOLO BORCIANI - Fourth Round, Day 2
About this event
The “Premio Paolo Borciani” has now become one of the most important music competitions in the world. It takes place every three years at the Teatro Municipale Valli, promoted and organized by Fondazione I Teatri of Reggio Emilia. Over the course of a week, the nine selected Quartets – Adelphi, Agate, Arete, Balourdet, Chaos, Elmire, Karski, Leonkoro and Mona – will perform works from the classic and contemporary quartet repertoire. Three of them will be admitted to the final, taking place on Sunday, June 13 at 6PM CEST. The Jury includes several renowned personalities of the music world, such as: EMMANUEL HONDRÉ, head of the concerts and shows department at the Philharmonie de Paris; MARTIN BEAVER, first violin of the Tokyo String Quartet; FRANCESCO DILLON, internationally renowned cellist; ANTOINE TAMESTIT, one of the today's greatest violists; ANTHEA KRESTON, of the Artemis Quartet; JANA KUSS, violinist and founder of the Kuss Quartet; and international pianist ALEXANDER LONQUICH.
This stream is available to watch until December 31, 2024.
1. Concert – approx. 150 min programme
1. B. Bartók: String Quartet No. 3, AGATE QUARTET
2. T. Hosokawa: UTA-ORI Weaving Song for String Quartet (2020), AGATE QUARTET
3. A. Berg: Lyrische Suite, ARETE QUARTET
4. T. Hosokawa: UTA-ORI Weaving Song for String Quartet (2020), ARETE QUARTET
5. T. Hosokawa: UTA-ORI Weaving Song for String Quartet (2020), BALOURDET QUARTET
6. Béla Bartók: String Quartet No. 4, BALOURDET QUARTET
This performance will be streamed live at the Teatro Municipale Valli, Reggio Emilia, Italy.
If watching a live-streamed event on catch-up, you might need to fast forward to the beginning of the concert.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIOCreate Account