12th International String Quartet Competition PREMIO PAOLO BORCIANI - Third Round, Day 2, Afternoon
About this event
The Prize has now become one of the most important competitions in the world. It takes place every three years at the Teatro Municipale Valli, promoted and organized by Fondazione I Teatri of Reggio Emilia. The nine selected Quartets Adelphi, Agate, Arete, Balourdet, Chaos, Elmire, Karski, Leonkoro, Mona will confront themselves for a week with the classic and contemporary Quartet repertoire. Three of them will be admitted to the final taking place on Sunday, June 13 at 6PM CEST. The Jury counts renowned personalities of the music world such as: EMMANUEL HONDRÉ head of the concerts and shows department at the Philharmonie de Paris; MARTIN BEAVER First Violin of the world-renowned Tokyo String Quartet; FRANCESCO DILLON internationally renowned cellist; ANTOINE TAMESTIT one of the greatest violists nowadays; ANTHEA KRESTON member of the Germane Artemis Quartet; JANA KUSS, violinist and founder of the Kuss Quartet; ALEXANDER LONQUICH pianist with an international career.
This stream is available to watch until December 31, 2024.
1. Concert – approx. 120 min programme
1. Claude Debussy: String Quartet in G minor Op. 10, BALOURDET QUARTET
2. From Chaos to Chronos, Improvisation, CHAOS QUARTET
3. G. Ligeti: String quartet No.1 "Métamorphoses Nocturnes", CHAOS QUARTET
4. H. Dutilleux: Ainsi la nuit, ELMIRE QUARTET
5. L. van Beethoven: String quartet in G major op. 18, No. 2 – 1st mov, AGATE QUARTET, FIRST ROUND
6. J. Haydn: String Quartet in D minor Op. 76, No. 2, AGATE QUARTET, FIRST ROUND
This performance will be streamed live at the Teatro Municipale Valli, Reggio Emilia, Italy.
If watching a live-streamed event on catch-up, you might need to fast forward to the beginning of the concert.
This event was recorded live at Teatro Municipale Valli, Reggio Emilia, Italy.
Available until Tue, Dec 31, 2024
We're here to help
Should you have any questions, problems or suggestions, please have a look at our help pages or get in touch with our team here.