Global Concert Hall
Boulangerie: The Students of Nadia Boulanger
You need a free IDAGIO account to purchase a ticket
About this event
The Boulanger Trio celebrates the release of their new album, Teach Me! The Students of Nadia Boulanger, with a concert featuring works by Bernstein, Piazzolla and Copland as well as music by Quincy Jones, Jean Françaix and Philip Glass.
Stylistically, the works couldn't be more different, but the composers have one thing in common: they were all students of Nadia Boulanger. The evening focuses on her charismatic personality as a teacher and her passionate commitment to music as a source of inspiration for composers from all over the world. Actress Loretta Stern will serve as guide throughout the varied programme.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
Stream available to watch until June 5, 2021, 21.00 hrs (CET).
1. Concert (incl. moderation) – approx. 90 min programme
1. Jean Françaix, Klaviertrio (1986)
2. Leonard Bernstein, Maria from West Side Story
3. Aaron Copland, Vitebsk - Study on a Jewish Theme (1929)
4. Philip Glass, Head on (1967)
5. Astor Piazzolla, Las Cuatro Estaciones Portenas
6. Quincy Jones, Main Title form The Color Purple
The concert is streamed live from Resonanzraum Hamburg (Germany).
If watching a live-streamed event on catch-up, you might need to fast forward to the beginning of the concert.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO