Global Concert Hall
You need a free IDAGIO account to purchase a ticket
About this event
On a long midsummer day, join Ex Cathedra for an enchanting programme of choral music and readings by Britten, Ravel, and more, performed by the glow of candlelight. Expect glorious music from across the centuries – seasonal favourites and little-known gems - inspired by birdsong, summer holidays, sea and sunshine.
Ex Cathedra is a leading UK choir and Early Music ensemble with a repertoire that reaches from the 12th to the 21st centuries. Under founder and artistic director Jeffrey Skidmore, it has developed an international reputation for its performances of Early Music, including from the Latin American and French Baroque. It is proud of its reputation for championing new music, from Stockhausen at the BBC Proms to commissions from James MacMillan, Sally Beamish, Roxanna Panufnik, Liz Dilnot Johnson and several major works from Alec Roth.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
Stream available to watch until July 31, 2021.
1. Concert – approx. 70 min programme
1. The Windhover (world première) - Liz Dilnot Johnson
2. Summer is icumen in - 13th century English
3. Hymn to St Cecilia - Benjamin Britten
4. Trois chansons - Maurice Ravel
5. La mer - Charles Trenet arr. Skidmore
6. Summer Holiday - Bruce Welch & Brian Bennett arr. Skidmore
7. St Teresa’s Bookmark - Penelope Thwaites
8. Te lucis ante terminum - 7th century chant
9. Night Prayer - Alec Roth
This performance was filmed at Symphony Hall, Birmingham, UK.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIOCreate Account