Global Concert Hall
You need a free IDAGIO account to purchase a ticket
Jennifer Koh Performs Works From "Alone Together"
About this event
Violinist Jennifer Koh is a forward-thinking artist dedicated to exploring a broad and eclectic repertoire, while promoting equity and inclusivity in classical music. In response to the coronavirus pandemic and the financial hardship it has placed on many in the arts community, Ms. Koh launched Alone Together, a commissioning project that brings composers together in support of the many freelancers among them.
Twenty composers, most of whom have salaried positions or other forms of institutional support to carry them through this challenging time, agreed to donate a new micro-work for solo violin, while also recommending a fellow freelance composer to write their own short solo violin work on paid commission from the artist-driven nonprofit ARCO Collaborative. The result is a collection of 40 works that embody the solo violin music of today. The New York Times called the series "a marvel for a time of crisis" and the lineup of composers "more inclusive than anything in mainstream classical music."
For this IDAGIO Global Concert Hall performance, Ms. Koh performs 19 of the works from the Alone Together project.
This event is presented as part of the Performance Reimagined series from GBH and IDAGIO.
Generously sponsored by Cynthia Strauss and Harry Sherr.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
Stream available to watch until October 10, 2021.
1. Concert – approx. 60 min programme
1. Wang Lu: Hover and Recede
2. inti figgis-vizueta: quiet city
3. Ken Ueno: Better Angels
4. Anthony Cheung: Springs Eternal
5. Nina Shekhar: warm in my veins
6. Tonia Ko: The Fragile Season
7. Rafiq Bhatia: Descent
8. Kati Agócs: Thirst and Quenching
9. Angélica Negrón: Cooper and Emma
10. Adeliia Faizullina: Urman
11. Lester St. Louis: Ultraviolet, Efflorescent
12. Sarah Gibson: You are still here
13. Qasim Naqvi: HAL
14. Thomas Kotcheff: vacuum packed
15. Rajna Swaminathan: Kindling
16. Amadeus Regucera: While You Were Away
17. Cassie Wieland: shiner
18. Patrick Castillo: Mina Cecilia's Constitutional
19. David Serkin Ludwig: All the Rage
This performance was filmed at Fraser Performance Studio at GBH in Boston, Massachusetts.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIOCreate Account