Global Concert Hall
About this event
Join John Adams, an icon of America’s contemporary music scene, as he hosts a live virtual celebration of his own music, as well as that of a younger generation. Named after a truck stop on the California-Nevada border, Hallelujah Junction drives with a hypnotic pulse, while his Shaker Loops takes audiences on “a ferocious and exhilarating sonic ride” (The Listener’s Club). Adams also shares the music of two composers he champions: 2021 Sphinx Medal of Excellence winner Carlos Simon and the Brazilian-born, internationally-lauded Marcos Balter.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
John Adams, host
Susan Hellman Spatafora, soprano
Musicians of the New World Symphony
1. Concert – approx. 60 min programme
2. Virtual Green Room: Following the performance, there will be a live session with the featured musicians from the performance. – approx. 20 min
1. John Adams: Hallelujah Junction for Two Pianos (1998)
- Wesley Ducote, Thomas Steigerwald, piano
2. Carlos Simon: be still and know (2015)
- Michael Rau, violin
- Amy Sunyoung Lee, cello
- Thomas Steigerwald, piano
3. Marcos Balter: Ear, Skin and Bone Riddles (2010)
- Susan Hellman Spatafora, soprano
- Dillon Welch, violin
- Clare Bradford, cello
4. John Adams: Shaker Loops for String Septet (1978; revised 1982)
- Chelsea Sharpe, Brendon Elliott, Ethan Hoppe, violin
- Chien Tai Ashley Wang, viola
- Ben Fryxell, Vivian Chang, cello
- Antonio Escobedo, bass
The concert will be streamed live from New World Center, Miami Beach, FL, USA and will be available here for 72 hours after the initial broadcast.
On-demand viewers: please fast-forward to enjoy the concert.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO