Global Concert Hall
NWS Percussion Consort: Bartók, Xenakis and Beyond
About this event
The New World Symphony Percussion Fellows unite for a live-streamed performance from the New World Center. Together with NWS alumni they will explore the world's drumming traditions through a myriad of contemporary works.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
Michael Linville, Curator/Coach
Matthew Kibort, Timpani and Percussion Fellow
Kevin Ritenauer, Percussion Fellow
Charlie Rosmarin, Percussion Fellow
Marcelina Suchocka, Percussion Fellow
1. Concert – approx. 60 min programme
2. Virtual Green Room: Following the performance, there will be a live session with the featured musicians from the performance. – approx. 20 min
1. Iannis Xenakis: Trio for Percussion (1989) “Okho”
2. Tania León: A la Par (III.)
3. William Kraft: Suite for Percussion (III. Ostinato)
4. Henry Dixon Cowell: Ostinato pianissimo (1934)
5. Lou Harrison: Music for Harp with Percussion (II. Jahla, XI. Avalokiteshvara)
6. Daniel Wohl: Replicate (Part II) for Four Percussion and Electronics -- featuring original video by Clyde Scott
7. Béla Bartók: Sonata for 2 Pianos and Percussion BB 115 Sz. 110 (1937)
This performance is produced in the New World Symphony's Knight New Media Center. Knight Foundation and New World Symphony: Reimagining Classical Music in the Digital Age.
Percussion Consort is sponsored in part by Art Mentor Foundation Lucerne.
The concert will be streamed live from New World Center, Miami Beach, FL, USA.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO