Readings, Wine and Music - Arianna in Creta
About this event
As the name promises, culinary and musical delights meet here in Göttingen's oldest winery. The theme is Handel's opera Arianna in Creta, featuring Roman Majewski (readings), Brian Berryman (flute) and Avinoam Shalev (harpsichord). After working in Halle and Rostock, German actor Roman Majewski is now a permanent member of the ensemble at the Deutsches Theater Göttingen. Originally from Canada, Brian Berryman is one of the most sought-after performers on period flutes in the early music scene in Germany today and is an ensemble member of the FestspielOrchester Göttingen. Avinoam Shalev, despite his young age, has already won several prestigious international competitions. The Israeli-born historical keyboardist began his stellar career at the age of 17 and has already become an indispensable part of the scene.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
Stream available to watch until December 31, 2024.
1. Concert – approx. 90 min programme
1. Georg Friedrich Händel: Sonata in e minor for Transverse flute and Basso continuo HWV 379
2. André Gide: from Thésée (1946) (Reading)
3. Georg Friedrich Händel: Gavotte and Minuet from Arianna in Creta HWV 32
4. Johann Sebastian Bach: Prelude and Fugue in a minor from Das Wohltemperierte Klavier BWV 865
5. Georg Friedrich Händel: Sonata in b minor for Transverse flute and Basso continuo HVW 364c, Larghetto, Allegro, Adagio, Allegro
6. André Gide: from Thésée (1946) (Reading)
7. Georg Friedrich Händel: Se nel bosco resta solo from Arianna in Creta HWV 32
8. Georg Friedrich Händel: Sonata in D major for Transverse flute and Basso continuo HWV 371, Affetuoso, Allegro, Adagio, Allegro
This performance was filmed at Bremers Weinkellerei am Wall, Göttingen, Germany.
This event was recorded live at Bremers Weinkellerei am Wall, Göttingen, Germany.
Available until Tue, Dec 31, 2024
After you have purchased access to the content, we will provide the above mentioned provider with your name and email address which have been stored with your user account for the purpose of processing of the agreement. The provider may use your email address to inform you about similar goods and services from time to time. You have the right to object to such use at any time e.g. by sending an email to the above email address of the provider, free of cost.
We're here to help
Should you have any questions, problems or suggestions, please have a look at our help pages or get in touch with our team here.