Global Concert Hall
About this event
Playing live from Taiwan, Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott share songs of comfort and hope, bringing together traditional and new takes on familiar works from Europe, Asia and the Americas to offer solace and connection in a time of anxiety and isolation.
"Songs," the artists write, "are little time capsules of emotions in which connections intertwine with long-lost dreams and desires, feelings of great spirit, optimism and unity. Songs bring a sense of community, identity and purpose, transcending boundaries and binding us together in thanks, consolation and encouragement."
The program will include selections from the forthcoming album of the same title, to be released on December 11.
Stream available to watch for 36 hours.
1. Concert – approx. 90 min programme
1. Wu Tong (arr. Ding Doudou): Far Away Mountain
2. Schumann: Stücke im Volkston Op.102
3. Harry Sdraulig: Fantasia on Waltzing Matilda
4. Caroline Shaw: Shenandoah
5. Britten: The Last Rose of Summer
6. Kreisler: Londonderry Air
7. Rachmaninoff: Vocalise
8. Wu Tong (arr. Li Xun/Ding Doudou): Rain Falling from the Roof (檐头雨)
9. De Falla: Siete Canciones
10. Violeta Parra (arr. Calandrelli): Gracias a la vida
11. Piazzolla: Le Grand Tango
The concert will be streamed LIVE from Weiwuying Concert Hall in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
If watching a live-streamed event on catch-up, you might need to fast forward to the beginning of the concert.
This concert is available to watch on catch-up for 36 hours after the initial stream.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO