Yo-Yo Ma & Kathryn Stott: "Songs of Comfort and Hope"
About this event
Playing live from Taiwan, Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott share songs of comfort and hope, bringing together traditional and new takes on familiar works from Europe, Asia and the Americas to offer solace and connection in a time of anxiety and isolation.
"Songs," the artists write, "are little time capsules of emotions in which connections intertwine with long-lost dreams and desires, feelings of great spirit, optimism and unity. Songs bring a sense of community, identity and purpose, transcending boundaries and binding us together in thanks, consolation and encouragement."
The program will include selections from the forthcoming album of the same title, to be released on December 11.
Stream available to watch for 36 hours.
1. Concert – approx. 90 min programme
1. Wu Tong (arr. Ding Doudou): Far Away Mountain
2. Schumann: Stücke im Volkston Op.102
3. Harry Sdraulig: Fantasia on Waltzing Matilda
4. Caroline Shaw: Shenandoah
5. Britten: The Last Rose of Summer
6. Kreisler: Londonderry Air
7. Rachmaninoff: Vocalise
8. Wu Tong (arr. Li Xun/Ding Doudou): Rain Falling from the Roof (檐头雨)
9. De Falla: Siete Canciones
10. Violeta Parra (arr. Calandrelli): Gracias a la vida
11. Piazzolla: Le Grand Tango
The concert will be streamed LIVE from Weiwuying Concert Hall in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
If watching a live-streamed event on catch-up, you might need to fast forward to the beginning of the concert.
This concert is available to watch on catch-up for 36 hours after the initial stream.
This event was recorded live at Weiwuying Concert Hall, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
This event is no longer available
After you have purchased access to the content, we will provide the above mentioned provider with your name and email address which have been stored with your user account for the purpose of processing of the agreement. The provider may use your email address to inform you about similar goods and services from time to time. You have the right to object to such use at any time e.g. by sending an email to the above email address of the provider, free of cost.