Global Concert Hall
About this event
The musicians of the Boulanger Trio love to arouse curiosity for the sounds of today. Their "Boulangerie" concert series pays homage to Nadia Boulanger (1887–1979) and her legendary salons in Paris, where the musical and literary elite of their time gathered. The concerts span an arc from the traditional chamber music repertoire to the music of today, and this event is enriched by the encounter with guest composer Matthias Pintscher, who will talk with the ensemble about his work, with a focus not on the analysis but on a personal conversation about the music.
"If there is a basic gesture in Matthias Pintscher's music, it is perhaps that movement of freedom which gives the music a floating lightness … His music is free because it is removed from the measured time, it doesn’t know the corset of bars. It flows and flows in its own rhythm."
– Markus Fein on Matthias Pintscher
With friendly support of Freunde der Boulangerie e.V., Ernst von Siemens Musikstiftung and Rusch-Stiftung.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
Stream available to watch until Dec. 31, 2020.
1. Concert (incl. talk) – approx. 90 min programme
2. Green Room - Following the performance, there will be a live Q&A with the Boulanger Trio and Matthias Pintscher – approx. 15 min.
1. Matthias Pintscher, Study III for Treatise on the Veil for solo violin (2007)
2. Robert Schumann, Trio d-Moll Op. 63
3. Talk with Matthias Pintscher
4. Matthias Pintscher, Uriel für Violoncello und Klavier (2011/12)
5. Matthias Pintscher, Svelto für Violine, Violoncello und Klavier (2006)
The concert is streamed live from Radialsystem Berlin (Germany).
If watching a live-streamed event on catch-up, you might need to fast forward to the beginning of the concert.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO