Global Concert Hall
The University of Michigan Saxophone Studio Fall Quartet Showcase
About this event
Part of the Arts@Future series in the IDAGIO Global Concert Hall, the revered classical saxophone program at the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre, and Dance brings a streamed recital, broadcast globally, featuring the program’s saxophone quartets in their annual Fall class recital. Curated by the Hampsong Foundation, the mission of this series is to combine high-quality, live-recorded performances to "give audiences a unique glimpse into the creativity and talent of the next generation of classical artists poised to launch their on-stage careers."
This concert is presented as part of the Arts@Future series in the IDAGIO Global Concert Hall, curated by the Hampsong Foundation.
Your ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
The individual filmings followed COVID-19 risk-reducing measures by each ensemble including testing, social podding, and self-isolation.
1. Concert – approx. 45 min programme
1. Augusta Read Thomas: Squeeze (2007)
2. Caryl Florio: Allegro de Concert (1879)
3. Matthew Levy: Above (2013)
4. Thierry Escaich: Le Bal (2003)
5. Eugène Bozza: Andante et Scherzo for Saxophone Quartet (1938)
6. Jennifer Higdon: “Summer’s Eve” and “Chase” from Short Stories (1996)
7. Guillermo Lago: “Addis Ababa” and “Sarajevo” from Ciudades (2011-)
The concert was filmed at the Walgreen Drama Center Stamps Auditorium, Ann Arbor, MI.
Stream available to watch until 9:30pm EST on December 13, 2020.
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO