Global Concert Hall
Yo-Yo Ma Live in Concert: Space, Time, Energy – Homage to Ennio Morricone
Cellist Yo-Yo Ma makes his Global Concert Hall debut with an homage to Ennio Morricone, the legendary Italian composer and conductor who died earlier this month. Morricone thought of music as “energy, space, and time” — a description that Ma has called "perhaps, the most concise and accurate I’ve ever heard.” Ma’s recital will explore these themes in an energetic program that brings performer and audience on a journey across space and time, from Morricone’s iconic film scores to traditional tunes from Mongolia and America to Schubert and Bach.
Tickets are available for 9.90 EUR (approx. 11,30 USD). Every ticket purchase will directly support the participating artists through IDAGIO’s Fair Artist Payout Model: IDAGIO pays 80% of the net revenue directly to the performers.
2. Virtual Green Room: Following the performance, there will be a live Q&A session. You will be able to submit your questions live by selecting the Q&A icon in the top right corner of the video
Duration: approx. 60 min.
1. Morricone: Gabriel's Oboe from "The Mission"
3. Saygun: Partita for Solo Violoncello op. 31
4. Bloch: From Jewish Life: Prayer
1. Morricone: Love Theme from Cinema Paradiso
2. Zhao Jiping: Summer in the High Grassland
3. O’Connor: Appalachia Waltz
4. Bach: Suite for Solo Violoncello No. 1 in G major BWV 1007: I. Prélude
1. Crumb: Sonata for Solo Violoncello – Toccata
3. Morricone: The Legend of 1900 (1998): Playing Love
4. Bach: Suite for Solo Violoncello No. 6 in D major BWV 1012 V. Gavotte I – VI. Gavotte II – Gavotte I (da capo) VII. Gigue
Stay in the Loop
Be the first to know about our upcoming events on IDAGIO
- WatchClassical (R)evolution with Rachel: Jordan de SouzaAugust 5, 2020
- WatchMovers and Shapers in Classical Music: The Sphinx Organization and a few of their ArtistsAugust 4, 2020
- WatchConversations with Claire: Pius Cheung and Edzard LocherAugust 4, 2020
- WatchFred Plotkin on Fridays: Enrico StinchelliJuly 31, 2020